Before getting started, you should know this is alpha software. Blitz is incomplete. There are rough spots and bugs. APIs may change. But you can build an app and deploy it to production. We're excited to see what you build!
Set Up Your Computer
You need Node.js 12 or newer
npm install -g blitz
Create a New App
blitz new myAppName
- View your baby app at http://localhost:3000
TheTutorial is great walkthrough through all the fundamental parts of Blitz, including adding models to your database and reading and updating data from your frontend.
Here's major aspects of Blitz that you'll want to become familar with.
- How to make Pages
- How to use the File-System Routing
- How to set up and use a Database
- How to use Blitz Queries and Mutations for reading and writing data to your database
- How to use the Blitz CLI
- How to scaffold all the code for database models with the
Welcome to the Blitz Community 👋
The Blitz community is warm, safe, diverse, inclusive, and fun! LGBTQ+, women, and minorities are especially welcome.Join our Slack Community where we help each other build Blitz apps. It's also where we collaborate on building Blitz itself.
For questions and longer form discussions,post in our forum.
For a full introduction, read How the Community Operates. This details everything, including how to get help, how to report bugs, how to suggest new features, etc.
You are invited to help — let’s build the future of web dev together! 🤝
We have an awesome community that's working together to make Blitz the best framework the world has ever seen.
How you can help:
- Report bugs by opening an issue on GitHub
- Contribute code: Read the contributing guide so see how to get started.
- Sponsorships & donations
- Any other way you want! We totally appreciate any type of contribution, such as documentation, videos, blog posts, etc. If you have an unusual idea, feel free to run it past us in Slack! :)