The Blitz core members take this CoC very serious. All members, contributors and volunteers in this community are required to act according to the following Code of Conduct to keep Blitz a positive, growing project and community and help us provide and ensure a safe environment for everyone.
When Something Happens
If you see a Code of Conduct violation, follow these steps:
- Let the person know that what they did is not appropriate and ask them to stop and/or edit their message(s).
- That person should immediately stop the behavior and correct the issue.
- If this doesn’t happen, or if you’re uncomfortable speaking up, contact Brandon Bayer (Twitter | Email).
When reporting, please include any relevant details, links, screenshots, context, or other information that may be used to better understand and resolve the situation.
The core members will prioritize the well-being and comfort of the recipients of the violation over the comfort of the violator.
What We Believe and How We Act
- We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone, regardless of age, body size, culture, ethnicity, gender expression, gender identity, level of experience, nationality, personal ability or disability, physical appearance, physical or mental difference, race, religion, set of skills, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and subculture. We welcome people regardless of these or other attributes.
- We are better together. We are more alike than different.
- Our community is based on mutual respect, tolerance, and encouragement.
- We believe that a diverse community where people treat each other with respect is stronger, more vibrant and has more potential contributors and more sources for ideas. We aim for more diversity.
- We are kind, welcoming and courteous to everyone.
- We’re respectful of others, their positions, their skills, their commitments and their efforts.
- We’re attentive in our communications, whether in person or online, and we’re tactful when approaching differing views.
- We are aware that language shapes reality. Thus, we use inclusive, gender-neutral language in the documents we provide and when we talk to people. When referring to a group of people, we aim to use gender-neutral terms like “team”, “folks”, “everyone”. (For details, we recommend this post).
- We respect that people have differences of opinion and criticize constructively.
- We value people over code.
- Don’t discriminate against anyone.
- Sexism and racism of any kind (including sexist and racist “jokes”), demeaning or insulting behaviour and harassment are seen as direct violations to this Code of Conduct. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to age, body size, culture, ethnicity, gender expression, gender identity, level of experience, nationality, personal ability or disability, physical appearance, physical or mental difference, race, religion, set of skills, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and subculture. Harassment also includes sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- On Slack and other online or offline communications channels, don't use overtly sexual nicknames or other nicknames that might detract from a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all.
- Don’t be mean or rude.
- Respect that some individuals and cultures consider the casual use of profanity offensive and off-putting.
- Unwelcome / non-consensual sexual advances over Slack or any other channels related with this community are not okay.
- Derailing, tone arguments and otherwise playing on people’s desires to be nice are not welcome, especially in discussions about violations to this Code of Conduct.
- Please avoid unstructured critique.
- Likewise any spamming, trolling, flaming, baiting or other attention-stealing behavior is not welcome.
- Sponsors of Blitz are also subject to this Code of Conduct. In particular, sponsors are required to not use sexualized images, activities, or other material which is not according to this Code of Conduct.
Consequences for Violations to this Code of Conduct
If a participant engages in any behavior violating this Code of Conduct, the core members of this community will take any action they deem appropriate, starting with a gentle warning and then escalating as needed to expulsion from the community, exclusion from any interaction and loss of all rights in this community.
Decisions About Consequences of Violations
Decisions about consequences of violations of this Code of Conduct are made by this community’s core members and may not be discussed with the person responsible for the violation.
For Questions or Feedback
If you have any questions or feedback on this Code of Conduct, we’re happy to hear from you.